Thursday, February 28, 2008

There's Ya Paternity Test


On Tuesday I suddenly became aware that the Noodle was being very quiet. I went to investigate and found him lying on the couch reading, to all intents and purposes, a book.

Okay, a graphic novel. Fine, a comic. Explicitly Kimmie66 which his Dad had borrowed from the library. It's about a teenage goth in the future and her adventures in virtual reality. It deals with serious issues such as teen suicide and body image. No, I'm not ashamed.

Anyway, the Noodle was just quietly lying there flicking through the pages, just like he watches his Dad do. I was so proud of my son.

Later in the same day, while I was getting his dinner ready, I again noticed he'd gone quiet. That time I found him hiding in his bedroom munging down on a half kilo block of cheese he'd filched from the open fridge. So it is also entirely possible that his real father is a giant thieving rat.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 1, 2008 at 12:51 PM , Blogger audrey said...

Have you read Persepolis? I'm also a big fan of the graphic novel. Can you suggest any to me.

Also, the rest of your blog is effing hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home