Saturday, August 16, 2008

Excuse Me

This happened a few weeks ago, but has remained with me.

Girl At Uni: Excuse me, your shirt is inside out.

Me: Umm, no the seams are just like that (jeez, get with the fashion lady).

GAU: Yes, but the tag is showing.

Me: Well the tags are on the outside (I've got a live one here).

GAU: No, the tag on the side.

Me: Yes, that one too (Spoken in a rather patronising manner).

GAU: No, the washing instruction tag.

Me: What? Oh - yes you're right. It is inside out...thanks.

Me (sometime later banging head against wall): What did I do to you oh Lord?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 16, 2008 at 11:08 PM , Blogger franzy said...

That happened to me yesterday.

Me: Hey Head Chef, I got a joke! What's pink and wrinkly and hangs out your undies?

HC: What?

Me: Your Grandma!

HC: She doesn't hang out my undies, mum does.

Me: Pass me that extra big butcher's knife please.

 
At August 17, 2008 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

LOL to both you and Franzy - if you're both ever in Trinity Gardens, please knock on my door so that I can offer youse both a coffee, or beer or chocolate....

I can only add my own sorry tale of having 2 metres of toilet paper hanging outside of my black trousers on the crowded Heidelberg to Spencer Street train station when I was heavily pregnant. I got up half an hour earlier every day after that just to avoid seeing the same giggling platform of commuters agaiin.

 
At August 18, 2008 at 9:49 AM , Blogger squib said...

Off-topic here, can't find your contact details. wondering if you would be our sing a song guest this week. if so please email me a story and youtube link by thursday. if not can you let me know. thanks

 
At August 22, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

Franzy - I tried that out on my Brother-in-law and he gave me the 'heard it, but you can tell me again if you like' speech halfway into it, there really isn't alot of point at that stage.

Kath - is that why you moved state?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home