Sunday, February 10, 2008

Backgammon


I beat Knickers in a game of Backgammon today. That makes around my third victory to her six gazillionth.

Tactically I'm all over the shop. Making Kevin Rudd look impulsive and reckless one minute, Brittney Spears calculated and cautious the next.

Still, mathematically speaking, law of averages, statistical anomaly, even a broken clock is right twice a day.... Blind, dumb, luck should see me win at least one in a hundred. But I don't.

I suffer under the curse of some petty, vengeful, backgammon deity who momentarily turned his/her back and let a shaft of sunlight through.

Then Knickers made me play two more games and equilibrium was restored. All is as it should be.

Nice while it lasted though.

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2008 at 12:51 PM , Blogger chips said...

I've recently discovered that my computer has backgammon on it. It's starting to become a problem. i.e. I may have accused the computer of cheating on more than one occasion.

 
At February 12, 2008 at 9:48 PM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

They cheat because they can...and because they hate their human overlords. Just watched Terminator: TSCC, may be a little paranoid.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home