Monday, April 7, 2008

A Shock to Them I'd Imagine

One of my fellow students was on the same train today and we got to talking. Nice guy. He was telling me about this girl in one of his other classes, who apparently asked him what the difference was between English and British.
'I couldn't believe she didn't know that they're exactly the same thing!' he said.
I didn't say anything. Maybe I should have. How many people will she tell? How many students will they both teach this to? If enough people believe it, will that eventually make it true?

Got choked with my own arm at training tonight. Hurts when I swallow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM , Blogger franzy said...

What a compelling blog you have here. Every post makes me want to leave a comment: "Oh, I KNOW! I think that too! I've got a story like that!"

It also scares me the number of teaching students I know who have sub-par general knowledge and knowledge in general.

 
At April 14, 2008 at 9:38 AM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

The course is very much structured around creating the environment in which learning can take place.
Though I have moments of doubt when I can't even adequately explain to myself what makes up a sentence or how democracy works.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home