Friday, March 28, 2008

Sharing

I've observed, participated in, recounted and had recounted to me the following argument many times (though I'm yet to see the gender roles reversed):

Man filling car up at petrol station: I'm grabbing an Iced Coffee, do you want one?

Woman: No thanks. I'm Fine.

(Driving: some time later)

W: Can I have a sip?

M: No.

W: Don't be greedy, give me a sip.

M: I'm not being greedy. I offered to buy you a whole drink all of your own. You didn't want one.

W: Well I want a little bit now. You've got plenty, it won't hurt you to share.

M: No, I don't have plenty. I have one 600mL portion. That's the minimum amount of Iced Coffee scientifically calculated to satiate one person's craving. A drop less will leave me unfulfilled, dissatisfied, in a state of ennui. Do you really want that on your conscience?

W: You're really not going to give me any?

M: Don't make out that this is my fault.

W: You're pathetic...

...And it usually goes downhill from there.

Since having the Noodle, 'though, I have noticed a change in myself. A willingness to share, to actually take pleasure in generosity of spirit.

Maybe I'm growing up.

Mind you, I also steal food from the Noodle all the time.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 12, 2008 at 1:25 AM , Blogger franzy said...

While I'm still stalking your blog because my fucking Indiana Jones DVD won't play, I'll put my hand up and say that the roles are always reversed in Franzyland.

Although it usually ends up with me taking a hilariously large bite or gulp out of whatever the lady is attempting to daintily consume...

 
At April 14, 2008 at 9:55 AM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

When Knickers and I have the argument it usually ends up with me recanting, apologising profusely, and begging her to please take a 'sip'.

Her understanding of which is also quaffing as much as she possibly can before the startled owner rips the proffered drink from her lips.

 
At August 16, 2008 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

You're both right.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home