Sunday, April 27, 2008

I Seek Them Here etc...

Dying hours of the long weekend. We've been out and about for a fair bit of it. Lucky petrol is so cheap.
The thing I've noticed is that every long weekend the police announce a major blitz. Lookout, fire and brimstone, they'll be friggen everywhere. Then they never are.
The only John Hoppers we saw were at the seven car pile-up on the freeway last night. My God, if it had happened two hours later it could have been us. Ha, I cheat death again.
What I reckon is; they announce a blitz, (major clue of Nazism if ever there was) clap each-other on the back for a job well done then declare a long weekend for themselves and disappear until sometime Wednesday.
Of course anyone else who found themselves on the wrong side of the thin blue line this weekend is entitled to disagree.

2 Comments:

At April 29, 2008 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

I like your theory - perhaps it could be backed up by seeing how many donuts are sold on long weekends?

 
At April 30, 2008 at 2:44 PM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

Possibly, I tend to do more qualitative (what I reckon from talking to two people) than quantitative (actually getting ou there and counting stuff) research.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home