Thursday, November 20, 2008

Final Assignments

Despite sitting in front of the damn computer at the uni library for the last three days

and

Depleting my coin on increasingly more potent caffeine and energy drink

and

Telling my subconcious to focus more on teaching literacy

Rather than monsters and falling and poison

...and Isla Fisher

I find my assignments have still not written themselves

And I am again thinking that a brickie's labourer is probably the most satisfying job in the world.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At November 20, 2008 at 3:32 PM , Blogger franzy said...

After a decade in higher education, sitting here navigating the pointy end of a thesis has made me realise that you are utterly wrong about the brickies labourer.
A council worker with a shovel and a sun hat or a mechanic.
THAT'S the life, my friend. None of this pursuit of higher knowledge bullshit.

 
At November 20, 2008 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

...or what about one of those ladies who works at Haigh's with the white gloves who hand out free samples?

 
At November 21, 2008 at 10:20 AM , Blogger squib said...

I'd hate to be a teacher, I really really would

 
At November 28, 2008 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Miles McClagan said...

Isla Fishers fame when Tempany Deckert was reduced to taking coats outside a nightclub for a living is oddly justice don't you think?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home