Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Too Right Now

Last two years I've worked virtually every weekend. My friend Kym works nights as a sleep technician, wiring up the morbidly obese and watching over them as they slip in and out of sleep, in and out of life.

He told me that when you work too many nights your mind loses its circadian rhythms. Loses the ability to completely relax, or to fire up. Just one endless afternoon of mild drowsiness.

I feel like that with weekends.

Sunday of my first weekend at home and I feel nothing. I remember when I was a kid and we'd watch The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday afternoons. I'd really sink myself into it, pushing away the growing fear that the next thing was bed, then school. Gone.

This curse 24/7 society has taken my weekend.

I want it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home