Sunday, May 18, 2008

Birthdays in the Over 30's Retirement Village

Went out with our friends with kids group this morn (I'm sorry, I don't make the rules that's just the way it is) for a birthday brunch.

I proudly wore my brand new flat cap (the Noodle is terrified of the blower vac, so obviously it couldn't come) which I received after a concerted campaign of whining and some online support. Knickers' was dubious about my choice but I insisted they were very popular. And lo I was right. Two resplendent octogenarians wheezed past our table during the course of our meal, heads warmly ensconced in plaid caps.

Mine is a monochromatic grey. When Knickers was making the purchase the shop assistant asked how old I was and, upon being told, directed her away from the jazzy patterns to the sombre designs for the older gent. As it happens I wanted grey anyway but I resent being pigeonholed, and implicitly labeled decrepit, by some old bag who has never met me.

Who cares, it's my birthday. Yay me.

3 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 8:05 AM , Blogger franzy said...

Happy Birthday you old fart.

 
At May 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM , Blogger Kath Lockett said...

Happy Birthday, Flat Cap Boy. Let's hope it stays on when the blowervac starts.

 
At May 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM , Blogger myninjacockle said...

Thank you both.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home